Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Translating Sitecore with Smartling

Few years ago, I wrote a blog post about Sitecore Language Translator module, which worked using Google / Bing translations API. It was probably one of the first Sitecore modules which allowed automated website translation (even though it could be used only for testing). Since then, I've tried out a lot of translation modules, as website translation is required in at least 90% (just my rough guesstimate) of the projects where Sitecore is used.

That's why I was really excited when a friend of mine, who works at New York-based startup called Smartling, has sent me the latest version of their Sitecore Connector which I'll briefly (just showing off the most interesting features) review in this blog post.